Author: Newton C. Braga
Published: Aug, 2016
Formato: Book and e-Book
Some years ago I had written a book directed to anyone who designs electronic and electric circuits. Engineers, technicians, teachers, students and hobbyists took a real benefit from that book. The original book is now out of print, being available only used issues. Since the book is very useful, the author decided to review the old edition, add new content and so create a new book for anyone who need a fast access to formulas, tables and calculations when designing his projects or solving a problem.
The author, who has himself designed multitudes of projects and circuits during his life, publishing many books and hundreds of articles in electronics magazines and teaching electronics, has collected an assortment of all basic information necessary for calculations needed when designing new projects or solving a problem.
More part of these formulas and calculations is now in the author´s site at www.newtoncbraga.com. The site also has versions in Portuguese (www.newtoncbraga.com.br) and in Spanish (www.incb.com.mx).
In the site the reader will also find practical examples in projects or articles where many of the formulas shown in this book are used.
When starting a project or solving a problem the main difficulty the designer or student founds is how to locate the desired information. This information is normally spread over a large number of resources, such as books, handbooks, Internet, and magazine articles.
Although many of us who are experienced in electronics have in mind the principal formulas, we sometimes have trouble with the forgotten constant, multiplication factor or exponent. Finding these values is sometimes difficult depending of the circumstances, such as where you are at the time, or the amount of resources at your disposal.
128. WHEATSTONE BRIDGE
129. WIEN BRIDGE
130. RESONANCE BRIDGE
131. MAXWELL BRIDGE
132. SCHERING BRIDGE
133. OWEN BRIDGE
134. HAY BRIDGE
135. NON-INVERTING OP. AMP.
136. INVERTING OP. AMP.
137. VOLTAGE FOLLOWER
138. SUMMING OP. AMP.
139. SUBTRACTION OP. AMP.
140. DIFFERENTIATION USING OP. AMP.
141. INTEGRATION USING OP. AMP.
142. LOGARITHMIC OP. AMP.
143. VOLTAGE SOURCE
144. CONSTANT CURRENT SOURCE - Op. Amp
145. CONSTANT CURRENT SOURCE - Op. Amp.
146. ABSOLUTE VALUE AMPLIFIER - Op. Amp.
147. VOLTIMETER USING Op. Amp.
148. SQUARE WAVE OSCILLATOR - Op. Amp.
149. WIEN BRIDGE OSCILLATOR USING Op. Amp.
150. BANDPASS AMPLIFIER USING Op. Amp.
151. NOTCH FILTER - Op. Amp.
152. LOW-PASS FILTER - Op. Amp.
153. HIGH-PASS FILTER - Op. Amp.
154. BUTTERWORTH FILTER - Op. Amp.
155. SERIES VOLTAGE REGULATOR (one transistor)
156. PARALLEL VOLTAGE REGULADOR
INTEGRATED VOLTAGE REGULATORS
157. VOLTAGE REGULATORS
158. CURRENT REGULATOR
159. Calculating a voltage regulator
160. Binary to Decimal Conversion
161. BYTE TO DECIMAL CONVERSION
162. BCD to Decimal Conversion
163. HEXADECIMAL TO DECIMAL CONVERSION
164. Decimal-to-Binary Conversion
165. DECIMAL TO HEXADECIMAL
166. AND Gate
167. NAND Gate
168. OR Gate
169. NOR Gate
172. Binary Addition
173. Binary Subtraction
174. Binary Multiplication
175. Binary Division
The Postulates of Boolean Algebra
176. Laws of Tautology
177. Laws of Commutation
178. The Laws of Association
179. Laws of Distribution
180. Laws of Absorption
181. Laws of Universe Class
182. The Laws of Null Class
183. Laws of Complementation
184. Laws of Contraposition
185. Law of Double Negation
186. Laws of Expansion
187. Laws of Duality
191. Boolean Relationship - Distributive
193. Demorgan Theorem
194. Instantaneous Values of Sine Waves
195. Inches to Millimeters
196. Millimeters to Decimal Inches
197. Degrees Celsius (C), Degrees Fahrenheit (F), Degrees Kelvin (K) and Degrees Reamur
Sound and Acoustics
198. Sound Wavelength
199. Velocity of Longitudinal Sound Waves
200. Sound Interval
201. Sound Pressure
202. Sound Pressure Level
203. Sound Intensity
204. Interference (Beat)
205. Doppler Effect
Loudspeaker Crossover Networks
206. Simple Crossover Network for Tweeter (6dB/octave)
207. 6 dB Octave Crossover Network II
208. Two-Channel 12 dB/Octave Loudspeaker Crossover
209. Two-Channel 18 dB/octave PI-Crossover Network
210. Crossover and Design Frequencies for 3-way Networks
211. Three-Channel 6 dB/Octave Crossover (Series)
212. Three-Chanell 6dB/Octave Crossover (Parallel)
213. Three-Channel 12 dB/Octave Crossover (Series)
214. Three- Channel 12 dB/Octave Crossover (Parallel)
215. Weeler's Formula
216. Wavelength and Frequency for Light Radiation
217. Luminous Intensity and Flux
218. Luminous Density
222. LDR or Photoresistor
225. Stefan-Boltzmann's Law
226. Differentiation Formulas
227. Integration Formulas
229. Fourier Transforms